Tuesday, December 15, 2009

Monday & Tuesday, December 14 & 15



*Monday, Dec. 14*



Last wear: N/A



Times now worn: 1



Junk Food tees have become socially acceptable in our household. I had feared this day would come, and it has. Okay, I know that sounds a little excessively dramatic but I DON'T LIKE CHARACTER CLOTHING. But it's not always about me. Actually, it's never about me save the exception of picking Riley's clothing. Lately, that has even become a battle that princess knows she is capable of winning given the time restraints on dressing some days and my "pick your battles with the stubborn two year old" attitude I've recently adapted. Hence the Fancy Nancy junk food holiday shirt. Riley is pretty convinced that FN and Olivia the Pig are either related to her or her best friends-- and she is all about them lately. Vamanos, Dora. Sorry, Kai-Lan, you no longer make Riley's heart super happy. It's all about the high maintainence girls in books that are so eerily relatable to little Miss Riley.



Anyway, once I got over the fact that the shirt isn't my favorite, I stood in awe of my little baby. Because she is TWO AND A HALF....and starting to look more and more like a child rather than a baby every day. Bittersweet? To say the least.

Last wear: N/A
Times now worn: 1

*Tuesday, Dec. 15*

We ran some errands today on a time limit. I didn't want to get stopped at every single store with "Where did you get her outfit", so I went with some understated attire today. Don't get me wrong, the compliments are nice-- but it's 10 days from Christmas and one of my last days to shop for everyone on my list before then, I'm in a rush and have an uncooperative two year old tagging along. The flower is from LittleBeautyBoutique (naturally- as if she hasn't worn it ten thousand times already), jeans, sweater and boots from Baby Gap, and the shirt is from Matilda Jane's Hotline from this summer. It's super thin and not great for winter, but she had her Gap warmest coat on all day anyway. This looks a little like a mini adult outfit to me, and I think it aged her because she got asked if she was 3 or 4 all day. Doesn't help that she is an amazon child and particularily chatty later in the afternoon I guess.

No comments:

Post a Comment