Friday, October 8, 2010

Toddler Hairstyles: Are bangs a necessity?

I love fringe. I have thicker side swept (almost straight accross) bangs, so I obviously like the way they look. On adults. I've not been a fan of them on children for the most part after seeing ad after ad of kids where their bangs are cut too high. I think they do not fit kid's typically chubbier faces. I never would've decided to cut Riley a set because of the style...but I couldn't deal with her pushing her hair out of her face ALL DAY anymore. So we took the plunge and chopped away. Hallelujah, her hair is out of her face and I don't have to mess with it all day. Sure there are kids out there who have straight hair that is easily pulled back and tamed, but not this girl- and I feel like a mom-revelation has clicked when I realized why so many toddler girls have bangs. They are totally a necessary evil, like taxes or social networking.
I think they look a little odd, and a little mini hipsterish, but they are growing on me. What do you think?
Clothes: Stella McCartney for Baby Gap. Gymboree boots. (lower) Marc Jacobs tunic.

2 comments: